7.21.2010

"Continue To Do Good"

Our lazy summer days have been filled with trips to the library, farmer's market, and the pool, play dates with friends, long walks in the evening, and lots of new recipes. It is easy to slack off on things that matter- things like scripture reading and Bible study. I'm continuing in my study of Esther (slowly, but surely) and am loving every minute of it! I'm also trying to let God use other parts of scripture to speak into my life ... and this passage has some powerful applications to my life at this moment:

"The end of all things is near. Therefore be clear minded and self controlled so that you can pray. Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins. Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms. If anyone speaks, he should do it as one speaking the very words of God. If anyone serves, he should do it with the strength God provides, so that in all things God may be praised through Jesus Christ."

I Peter 4:7-11

verse 19: "So, then, those who suffer according to God's will should commit themselves to their faithful Creator and continue to do good."

Every single verse of this passage has meaning for me, but I'll refrain from giving my commentary in hopes that the Holy Spirit will speak to you individually.

I will say that I especially love verse 19 because it is a direct challenge for me. "Continue to do good" when you suffer... when you are persecuted... when you feel abandoned... when God's will doesn't make sense...

Commit to our Creator who is faithful and keep doing good.

No comments:

Post a Comment