2.15.2012

January Reads

In no particular order, here are the books I read in January:





I enjoyed them all and was really proud of myself for reading 3 non-fiction books in a month! In regards to The Hunger Games, I have to say that I thought it was good but I'm not dying to read the second book. Is that weird? Probably. While I enjoyed the general concept of the plot, it was almost too much fantasy for me. Maybe I'll eventually finish the series- who knows.

If you are a mom, I highly recommend The Mission of Motherhood. It challenged me in so many ways that I probably could write a whole post about it.

I have a preschooler who is spelling words like crazy, so I had to get my hands on something that would give me guidance on basic reading skills. Ready, Set, Read! gave me some great ideas.

Finally, I have a hard time turning down a Holocaust memoir, so when The Secret Holocaust Diaries appeared on my "Daily Kindle Deal" (i.e. a FREE book!) I couldn't pass it up. This was a different than any other Holocaust book I've read and I liked it so much that I recommended it to my mom... and she loved it too.

Here's to a great year of books!

1 comment:

  1. There are some good bible studies that go hand in hand with The Hunger Games trilogy - you might like them!

    http://www.amazon.com/The-Hunger-Games-Gospel-ebook/dp/B007HG1H0W

    and

    http://www.amazon.com/Gospel-According-Hunger-Trilogy-ebook/dp/B0071DLPXK

    ReplyDelete