12.30.2013

My Favorite Days 2013

2013 was a rough year for reasons far more personal than could ever be shared via a blog or social media. And quite honestly, it's not one that I'm sad to see go. However, there were so many special memories that I don't ever want to forget... and here are a few:

1. Our trip to DC was technically at the end of 2012, but I never really documented it so I'm going to include it in this list. Most everyone would agree that DC is an amazing city, but for us it is a very emotionally charged city as well. Jeremy and I got engaged, married, pregnant, and miscarried for the first time in this city. (Though we were actually engaged in NYC and married in Nashville- we still lived there during this time)

Jeremy had a work event that we tagged along for and really only had one full day in the city, but we packed it full from morning to night! We started off with breakfast at one of our favorite spots, then did some site seeing.

We ate hot dogs from street vendors...

Enjoyed some Christmas shopping...


Visited the Smithsonian...


Observed ice skaters...


I hiked up to the top of the Arlington Cemetery while the boys napped in the car...


And of course after reading a bazillion Kennedy books, visiting his grave was a must...



We ate dinner at another favorite spot, then headed to Georgetown and finished the night with Georgetown Cupcakes!


2. January 3, 2013 
IT'S A GIRL!!! 
On Jeremy's 33rd birthday we found out that we were having a daughter! 


3. January 4, 2013
Favorite Things Party!


4. May 8, 2013
We took Carter to a nice dinner and then to see The Lion King at TPAC. It was a complete surprise and such a magical night for both him and us! 



5. May 22, 2013

We met our daughter, Alexandra Jane. She made my dreams of having a little girl come true and is by far our biggest blessing this year!


6.  July 2013
A last minute Disney trip provided this unforgettable experience- Carter got to participate in The Lion King show at Animal Kingdom! So fun!


7. August 2013
Carter started Pre-K! We are SO SO thankful for this experience!


8. We were on the hunt for something fun to do as a family during one of the few Saturdays we were all together this fall and tried Lucky Ladd Farm for the first time. It was a huge hit! Sometimes the best days are the unexpected ones :)



9. November 15, 2013
This sweet girl and I have been friends for as long as I can remember. I'm talking 20+ years and more vacations than I can count! We finally got to see each other and catch up for a few hours over dinner at BrickTop's. She's like family to me and I seriously hope it isn't so long until the next time I see her.
{Nashville is a great town and JT may or may not be moving here.... just sayin'!}


As this year closes, I am so grateful for the fresh start that 2014 will bring. I CRAVE the new year and the new beginning it offers. Happy New Year to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment