10.07.2010

Cleaning

Can we talk about cleaning for a minute?

I know there are people who love to clean.

My sister is one of those people.

I am not.

The problem?

I want a clean house.

So instead of actually cleaning, I usually sit around and think about everything that needs to be cleaned. And I think and think and think. Then, I start thinking about everything that needs to be organized, which is pretty much my entire house, and I end up feeling defeated and exhausted, though I haven't touched a mop or broom.

Also, many people (myself included) think that because you are a stay-at-home mom you have all the time in the world to clean your house... and therefore your house should always be clean.

Wrong.

I would make the argument that it is actually more difficult to keep your house clean when you do stay at home because a) there is a baby/toddler in the house most of the time and b) wherever a baby/toddler is... there are messes. BIG messes. Moral of the story: The more you are in your house, the faster it gets dirty.

I need to release myself of the expectations that my house will always be neat and clean. I need to start making lists, realistic lists, and plug away at them item by item. I also need to remind myself that one day I will have all the time in the world to clean- and that it will probably be much quieter and lonelier around here. Therefore, I will cherish today... messy house and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment