12.27.2010

A December to Remember...

or not.

To be completely honest, this December is not one I care to relive. We have so, SO much to be grateful for, but this month was completely draining on so many levels. Here's the recap...

-Around the first week of December, my mom started having severe lower abdominal pains. To make a long story short she ended up having a fairly large ovarian cyst that had to be surgically removed. All the test results came back benign- thank the Lord!

-Carter's birthday (and party) were on the 11th. We had a lot of fun, but as many of you know... even good, happy events can be stressful.

-A few days later my dad was hospitalized for critically low blood levels caused by internal bleeding. And by critically low, I mean the doctor said it was "one step above dead". After two blood transfusions, he was released to go home and rest. He still isn't "out of the woods" by any means, so please keep him in your prayers.

-Jeremy has worked all but two days this entire month. He had one weekend at home (the weekend of Carter's birthday), which means that he also had to miss Christmas. This was really hard for all of us. We are incredibly thankful for the dual income that the Redskins job provided (especially this time of year), but we are very glad it's over and we can get back to a sense of "normality"... whatever that is :)

I don't mean to gripe or complain in this post. I am fully aware of how extremely blessed I am. There are just certain seasons of life that seem more exhausting than others... and this month has been one of ours. We are certainly looking forward to the fresh start 2011 will bring!

1 comment:

  1. Oh April that does sound exhausting! I'm so sorry to hear about your mom & dad- I'll say a prayer for him. And I'm sorry your sweet husband was away from you guys for so long & especially on Christmas. 2011 is right around the corner & so are the Lord's tender mercies. xo

    ReplyDelete