5.02.2011

Easy Strawberry Pie


Like strawberries? Got some to use up?

Our Whole Foods recently had organic strawberries on sale for $1.99/lb ... so after saving some for Carter's snack and then using some in a DELICIOUS spinach salad (spinach, grilled chicken, strawberries, feta cheese, & balsamic vinaigrette) for Sunday lunch... I still had a whole pound left. I decided to make this yummy and EASY Strawberry Pie. It's one of my mom's old recipes and I hope you enjoy it!

STRAWBERRY PIE

2 quarts fresh strawberries (I used 1 lb and it was plenty)
1 1/4 cups sugar
3/4 cup water
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1 package strawberry Jell-O
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 pie crust shell

Bake pie shell as directed. Let cool.

Mix together 1 cup of the strawberries, cornstarch, water, Jell-O, sugar, & lemon juice. Boil for approximately 2 minutes or until clear. Cool. {I didn't cool it all the way.. just so that it was warm and not scalding hot from boiling} Mix this mixture with the remaining strawberries.

Pour into baked pie shell. Refrigerate for 3 hours.

Top with whipped cream or Cool Whip if desired.


No comments:

Post a Comment