6.15.2011

30 Weeks

Well, here we are. 30 weeks already? My "Baby Bump" app told me today that we have 68 days to go! Oh my! I'm getting more and more ready to meet this little man, but I am also fill with slight panic thinking of all the things we have left to do before he arrives.

Here's a run down of the latest progressions:

-I still have a decent amount of energy on most days. That being said, I usually collapse into bed each night.. utterly exhausted from the demands of pregnancy combined with taking care of the world's most active 2 year old :)

-Varicose veins. I didn't have these little boogers last time I was pregnant and not only are they unattractive, but they hurt.. a lot! I have a really bad vein on the back of my left thigh... it's twisted and bulging... and causes a lot of discomfort. Poor Jeremy has had to examine more times than he's cared to, but he never complains.

-As I've entered my 3rd trimester, my appetite has tapered off some. Really this means that I'm no longer eating like a starved animal, but just a normal, growing pregnant woman :) I'm hoping my weight gain reflects this change and also starts to taper off. As with Carter, I gained a huge chunk of weight in the 2nd trimester.

-We've been talking to Carter about having a baby brother and I think he understands the best that he can. He regularly lifts my shirt up and says that he needs to "wuv baby Coop." And last weekend, he brought some lotion over to me, lifted my shirt up, and said, "Baby Coop needs wotion." He's also fascinated with babies whenever we see them out in public or in the neighborhood. The other night he ran up to a family taking a walk and proceeded to hug and "wuv" the baby girl in the stroller. This makes me hopeful that he will love and adore his baby brother.

However, I also know how I acted as a 2 1/2 year old when my sister, Ashley, came along... and Carter is very much like me in some of those ways. I LOVED my sister, but was very jealous of the time and attention that she took away from me. Carter, like me, is already very demanding of my attention and I fully expect him to exhibit signs of jealously. He likes to be the center of attention (particularly around family) and baby Cooper may interrupt that just a bit. I am SO thankful we have so much family close by. Family that will dote on Carter and continue to make him feel special during this time.

-Most of all, we are continuing to pray for a healthy baby boy. I am praying for a smooth delivery and that God would continue to ordain each step of the way. Thanks for walking along side us on this journey.

-I hope to post some updated pictures soon! My phone is overflowing with random snapshots of our life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment