8.12.2011

Waiting

My never ending to-do list is finally finished.
All the preparations for Cooper's arrival have been made.
So now we sit and

WAIT

I'll admit this part has been difficult for me. I've had a lot of time to think and prepare for our newest addition and I feel completely ready for him to join our family. With Carter, I was much more distracted due to work and not knowing what to expect from a newborn. I was also expecting that he would hold out until his due date (or longer) and he came 8 days early- a total surprise.

I'm 38+ weeks (10 days from my due date) and just 3 days away from my induction date. My last dr appt went well yesterday- I am dilated 2.5 cm and 80% effaced. I was thrilled to find out that my pain has not been in vain! My dr (who isn't fazed by much due to years of experience) was absolutely shocked by how far down Cooper is... I'll spare you the details, but trust me..
he is ready to go!

I'm still holding out hope that I will go into labor on my own this weekend. If not, my induction is schedule for 5 am on Monday morning. Would you pray for us? The last two times I've had to be at a hospital that early were for reasons very different than delivering a healthy baby boy. Please pray for peace and a smooth delivery on all accounts.

1 comment:

  1. praying for you and the fam, A! Can't wait to meet sweet Cooper.

    ReplyDelete