3.07.2011

16 Weeks

I've heard that your second pregnancy goes by much faster than your first- and boy is that the truth! I can't believe we're already at 16 weeks! Here are some of the highlights:

-I'm feeling pretty good most days. Still tired, but I've decided that this might be my permanent state of existence for the next, oh, 20 years or so :) In order to not feel weak or nauseous, I have to keep something in my stomach at all times. I've also struggled a bit with headaches (something I never had with Carter), but they seem to be getting better.

-I am trying to exercise (at the gym) 3+ times a week, as I did during my pregnancy with Carter. I usually use the elliptical or treadmill and try to do some light weights as well. As much as I would love to be lounging on the couch during this time, going to the gym was one of the best things I did during my last pregnancy so I'm determined to continue it this time around. It helps me manage my weight gain, gives me more energy, and provides some much needed "alone" time for mommy.

-We are really excited to find out the sex of this baby at our next doctor's appointment! I'm thinking it is probably a boy, but I'm not completely sure. I had a dream last night that we were having a girl, so we'll see. We're really just praying for a healthy baby on all accounts.

-And here are some of the weekly pictures we've taken (excuse the poor iPod Touch camera quality):
11 Weeks
12 Weeks
14 Weeks
15 Weeks
-And now, if you will allow me a few moments to rant about a huge pregnancy pet peeve...
I absolutely cannot stand when people complain constantly about being pregnant. I don't care how many times you threw up, what you threw up, or how much you hate being pregnant... and I'm not sure why people think that all of their facebook or blogging friends would care either! I think I feel this way for two reasons:
a) As someone who has suffered two pregnancy losses, I'm very aware of the fact that thousands of women would LOVE to be pregnant, not to mention being pregnant with a healthy baby.
b) As someone who is also completely phobic {and that's not an exaggeration} of throwing up, it only gives me reason to worry that my pregnancies will turn out the same way. I have enough things to worry about... I don't need all of other people's problems, complaints, or ailments added to the list.

I'll stop now before I say too much. But I will finish by admitting that I am a "complainer" by nature. Maybe it bothers me so much to hear other people complain because it's something I don't like within myself. I don't ever want to be ungrateful for the miracle growing inside me. Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment