9.08.2010

New Adventures

Tonight was the beginning of a new adventure. I am co-leading a 7th and 8th grade small group through our church and tonight was our first meeting. It went really well, though somehow I forgot how much life and energy they have!! And the talking ... ohhhh the talking... :) That aside, I'm so thankful for this opportunity and can't wait to see what God does in the lives of these girls (and me!) through this journey.

On a completely separate note, please tell me that you love The Pioneer Woman as much as I do! If you don't know who she is, then it is quite possible that you've been living under a rock for the past year ;) Kidding. Sort of. Anyways, I'm ALWAYS on the hunt for new recipes {side note about myself: i like having "the good ol' tried and true recipes" but i really don't enjoy making the same recipes over and over}. I digress. So I made her Tequila-Lime Chicken with nearly every side dish she mentions. Homemade tortillas. Homemade mexican rice. Homemade refried beans. Homemade pico de gallo. Oh yes, it was worth every single ounce of effort. Please try it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment