3.11.2010

I attended a parenting seminar a few weeks ago {By Dave Thomas from Daystar Counseling} and there is one Bible verse he shared that keeps ringing in my head.

Maybe it's because it is SO relevant for my life right now.

Maybe it is relevant for you too.

" We also rejoice in our sufferings,
because we know that suffering produces perseverance;
perseverance, character;
and character, hope.
And hope does not disappoint..."
Romans 5:3-5
He shared this in the context of parenting by saying that as parents, who doesn't want a child with character? I mean, isn't that one of the main things we are working toward? Well, what produces character? Perseverance. And how do you display perseverance? Through suffering. That's a tough pill to swallow when I look at my own life, but even harder to accept when thinking about my son's life. Thankfully, we are promised that character produces hope ..... and hope does not disappoint. I don't know about you, but I'm ready to believe in something that does not disappoint!
So wherever you are on this journey... rejoice! God is making something good out of your suffering.

No comments:

Post a Comment