3.03.2010

Warning: Long Post Ahead!

This blog isn't intended to be all about me, but...

Maybe you know me from the past... and don't know very much about my present life.

Or maybe we're friends right now... and you don't know much about my past.

Or perhaps you don't even know me at all ...

Whatever the case, here is a little bit of info about me:

I was born on the longest day of the year {the day with the most sunlight} in St. Louis, MO.

I am the daughter of a minister and the oldest of 4 children.

I have two younger sisters {25 and almost 20} and a younger brother {21}.

I am very much your typical first born: responsible, opinionated, loyal, and oh yes- "sometimes" bossy.

When I was 4, my family moved to Orlando, FL.

I lived there for 12 years and attended the same private school for K-10th grade.

I spent WAY too much time at Disney {and other amusement parks} growing up... which makes me seem like a brat sometimes when I just don't get into the Disney hype.

My dad traveled 4-5 days a week when I was growing up.

Because of this, and for other reasons, my mom is my hero.

At a very young age, I gave my life to the Lord.

I sometimes wish my faith was still as pure and innocent as the first time I recognized my need for Him.

When I was 16, my family moved from Orlando to Nashville.

This ended up being one of the BEST things for me since it forced me out of my comfort zone. I made a whole new set of high school friends and am very thankful for God's provision over this time in my life.

After high school, I went to Liberty University in Lynchburg, VA for 1 year. Without a doubt, the LONGEST year of my life... but I met my future husband there... so I really can't complain :)

Jeremy and I met through mutual friends one September night in 2000. We were instantly intrigued by one another and started dating about a month later.

He is also a first born {of 5!}. We share the same values and have similar upbringings, but are also complete opposites in many ways. He is a strong, dependable, perfectionistic man with a very soft side that few people get to see. {More on him later}

I left Liberty in May of 2001 and that started a looonnggg courtship that lasted several years, most of which was long-distance.

I moved back to Nashville and enrolled at Belmont University.

I lived at home for the next 3 years and graduated in 2004 with a B.S. in Psychology.

Shortly after graduation, Jeremy and I decided that we were tired of living in different cities, so we moved to Washington, DC. Jeremy lived near there during high school and college, and we had always LOVED the city.

This was without a doubt one of the best decisions we EVER made. It allowed us to gain some independence in our relationship and really focus on each other.

I started graduate school {for School Counseling} at Marymount University that fall.

Jeremy and I got engaged in NYC in January of 2005. He outdid himself... but made me the happiest girl in the whole world that night!!

Our engagement lasted about 15 months and we finally got married on April 29, 2006. The entire day was like a dream come true...in every single way.

About 3 months after we got married, we found out I was pregnant. It was VERY unexpected. We quickly tried to come to terms with the fact that we were going to have a child, but 12 weeks into the pregnancy we found out through an ultrasound that our baby had died.

I can't explain the trauma or grief that occurred after this. I lost a part of myself during this time and the grief has come in waves and has many layers to it. {More on this in another post}

I finished out grad school that year and graduated in May 2007.

In July 2007, we moved back to Nashville!

I started working at a high school just south of Nashville as the 9th grade counselor. A crazy job that I had a love-hate relationship with, but allowed me to meet some of the most wonderful people!

In December 2007, we had a 2nd miscarriage. We found out about this one through an ultrasound as well. It was tragic, but much more bearable the 2nd time around. Your heart puts up a wall as a defense mechanism, I guess. One person can only endure so much pain.

By this point, we were really ready for a child and our hearts ached with longing.

We found out in April 2008 that were were pregnant yet again.I was very cautious in my enthusiasm, but early in the pregnancy I was overcome with an incredible sense of peace. THIS was the child God had chosen for us.

On a snowy morning in December 2008, our precious little man arrived. Carter instantly filled a void in my life that had been missing since our first miscarriage. He put my heart back together.

I stopped working full-time in June of 2009 and have been at home with Carterman ever since. It is where I'm supposed to be... for now anyways.

That brings me to the present. We are in the midst of LOTS of challenges, but my faith is growing daily. I can only hope the trials we are enduring are going to produce an even deeper, stronger faith when we come out of this valley.

God is good. All the time.

A few other bits of random, useless information about me:

I love to cook. I hate cleaning, but hate a messy house even more. I love to read. I love to travel. I really really really like coffee. {I'm also completely addicted} Anything vintage makes me happy. I would be perfectly content if my entire wardrobe consisted of nothing but Uggs and Juicy Couture. I'm a girly girl through and through. This means I don't like getting dirty or being outside for extended periods of time. Especially if it is hot. I complain too much. And I can be very defensive if you attack my values or the people that I love. I'm a quiet leader. And a talkative introvert. Anything else you want to know, just ask :)

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment