3.02.2010

What's In A Name?

I was reading in 2 Corinthians a few months ago when I came across this passage. I'm not a theologian by any means, but I'm pretty sure that Paul is pleading with the church in Corinth to open their hearts to the gospel... to truth. Open Wide Your Hearts. These words literally jumped off the page when I read them, so I quickly scribbled them down on a piece of paper and stuffed it in my Bible. I knew I would want to use them later. Fast forward a few months to when I was trying to think of a name for this blog... and I came across a little piece of paper with the perfect name: Open Wide Your Hearts.
Why do we close our hearts ? Fear. Insecurity. Pride. Selfishness.
The list could go on...
God is calling us to open our hearts to Him.
Not just a crack. Open them WIDE.
Let love in.

No comments:

Post a Comment