6.14.2010

18 Months

My little man turned 18 months old on Friday. Cliche as it may sound, I seriously don't know how it is possible that he is already one and a half! The newborn/infancy days seemed to never end and now these days won't slow down. Here are a few updates about our little nugget:

-He weighs 22lbs, which puts him in the 10th percentile for weight.

-He is 31.5 inches tall, which puts him in the 50th percentile for height.

-His favorite fruit is currently strawberries.

-He is obsessed with books. Literally, obsessed. There are some days when I feel like I've read all 500 books on his shelf (ok, small exaggeration.. but still..) .. I'm honestly really thankful for this and hope it is working to build his vocabulary. His favorite books are Goodnight Moon, I Love My Mommy/Daddy Because, Moo Ba La La La, Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed, some Dr. Seuss, and more...

-He still loves music and starts dancing (bouncing up and down and moving his arms from side to side) anytime he hears ANY music. He was the star of the show for awhile at my sister's reception! He is a very "serious" dancer though and doesn't really want to dance with anyone else yet. That would just take away from his attention ;)

-We are desperately trying to get him to say more words. He can identify anything you ask him to, but his vocabulary is a little behind. The doctor spent a good amount of time working with him during this last visit and is confident that he's just fine.

-His favorite activity is going outside and taking walks or helping daddy in the yard.

-He loves any and all balls. Even things that look like balls, but aren't ... like plastic Easter eggs, for example... get thrown all over the house. He is 100% boy.

-He reminds us immediately if we forget to pray before a meal or at bedtime.

-And finally, he just might be the most active little boy on the planet who loves being sweaty and outside {i.e. the COMPLETE opposite of his mama}, but I love him with every ounce of my being. My world truly begins and ends with him and I couldn't think of a better way to exhaust myself everyday ;)







No comments:

Post a Comment