6.17.2010

Restless, Muffins, and a Sicky Boy

"Almighty God,
You have made us for Yourself,
so that our hearts are restless until
they rest in You."
St. Augustine
I love the quote above because it reminds me to be thankful for the times that my heart is restless. It is during these times that I need to search for God and not be satisfied until my soul rests in Him. HE is the only one who brings true peace... and rest. Why do I so easily forget this?
On a different note, I've been physically restless that past few days because this is the 5th day that Carter has been sick. He's been running a fever, but no other symptoms other than being extremely irritable. I finally took him to the doctor today and it turns out that his throat is really red, so the doctor did a strep test. The first swab came back negative, but they went ahead and sent it to a lab for the 2nd test... so we'll have those results in 24-48 hours. I'm hoping he feels better soon because a cranky boy = a cranky mommy. We have been watching lots of Sesame Street since it is about the only thing he wants to do when he's sick. I'm not sure how much more of Elmo and Big Bird I can take ;)
I have, surprisingly, been able to do some cooking over the past few days. I made these muffins today and they are delicious! I'm a huge fan of banana and chocolate together.. but most recipes I've tried are too dry or bland. This one is just about perfect. I used 3 medium bananas (instead of 2) and white flour instead of wheat (mainly because I didn't have any wheat on hand). Give them a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment