6.28.2010

A Few of My Favorite Things {kitchen edition}

It's no secret that if I had a limitless shopping spree to any store it would likely be to Crate and Barrel or Williams Sonoma. Kitchen stuff makes me happy. It inspires me to be a better cook and to try new things. I've listed a few of my favorite kitchen items below.

1. All Clad Pans. I don't own many of these, but the ones I do have are noticeably different than my other pans. Don't let anyone EVER tell you that there is no difference in the quality of pans based on price. You get what you pay for.. plain and simple. And for someone like me who cooks every day, quality pans are the only way to go.

2. Shun Knife. Again, a good quality knife is not negotiable in the kitchen and there is a real difference in quality usually based on priced. This knife might look intimidating (Jeremy is too scared to touch it... much less clean it... most of the time), but it has become one of my most valuable cooking assets!
3. Kitchen Aid Mixer. I'm always amazed when I go in department stores that there are actually other mixer brands... because to me, Kitchen Aid is the only way to go when it comes to a mixer! I chose the color below for my kitchen... and resisted every urge to get the lime green or turquoise... telling myself that I would be happy 20 years from now with the silver one. I rationalized this by saying that I could change my kitchen decor 100 times and the silver would never be outdated or stick out like a "sore thumb".

4. Glass Cake Dome. I bake a lot and it isn't always easy work. For this reason, I like to display my finished products in this beautiful cake dome. If you are going to go through the effort of making something, why not show it off a little? Besides, it makes anything look prettier and more appetizing (especially compared to tupperware)!

5. Anything Emile Henry. I adore this line of bake ware. There's really nothing more to say.



6. Capresso Coffee Maker. Jeremy and I are coffee addicts. When we got married, we decided to bite the bullet and invest in a really nice coffee maker. Not a day has gone by that we've regretted that decision.



7. Kitchen Aid Food Processor. This is an item that you don't know how much you'll use it until you actually have it. I often think to myself, "How did I ever do without this thing?!" I use it to chop vegetables, make salad dressing, pie crust, pesto, hummus, and I even used it to make Carter's baby food when he was younger. Love it. Love. Love. Love.



No comments:

Post a Comment